a) When do I commission a piece of art?
Artworks are typically commissioned by collectors, when they cannot find the artwork they like, in a size or color scheme, that would be more suited to their space at home or office. Also, when the client needs a very specific project related artwork created, in case of a commercial art assignment.
b) How do I commission a piece of art?
– Send me a brief description, of what you would like the custom made painting to look like. The client specs typically include-
– Required artwork dimensions
– Color preferences, if any
– An image of the room, in which the artwork will be installed
– Wall dimensions
– Mention of the artwork from my existent portfolio, on the basis of which you would like the artwork created.
– In case of a portrait/figuratve painting, please send a high res reference image of the subject you would like painted.
c) What is the payment schedule for a commissioned piece of art?
50% of the payment to be made in advance, before the commencement of the project. The remainder of the monies due within 30 days of approving the completed painting and before shipment.